I was very excited to see that Lily over at All the Lovely Things in Life has recently nominated me for the Liebster Award. I had no idea what this was until a few days ago, so I looked “liebster” up, and apparently it’s German, meaning “dearest”. I thought that was nice. This is a community that we’re all somewhat new to, and I think it’s really lovely that we can be so supportive and kind to each other.
So for everyone not in the know, The Liebster Award is sort of like a chain mail for bloggers, but not in one of those “send this to 10 million people in the next .038539384 seconds or you’ll end up with the worst paper cut of your life, right between your fingers” kind of way. In a nice way, I promise. It’s given to up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers, and it seems like a pretty great way to connect with and be introduced to other bloggers. So thank you, Lily! By the way, check her blog out, it’s fantastic.
There are a few rules, of course:
1. Each nominee must link back to the person that nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions that are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate up to 10 other bloggers you like and who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer and…
5. Let them know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
So let’s start out with the questions I was asked :).
1. If you could only wear one specific nail polish color for the rest of your life what would it be?
I love nail art, but if I were only allowed one nail polish for the rest of forever, I would definitely stay away from garish hues and trends. Classic colors for this girl, definitely. Probably a light-ish pink or mauvey-pink.
2. It’s date night. What makeup do you wear?
It depends on the date, I suppose. Day to day I tend to have a neutral eye, or even just mascara, so the thing I’m likely to change is my eye makeup. But even then, it would be a neutral or bronze smoky eye.
3. What are five beauty products you can’t live without?
Face masks, definitely. It’s easier to go without makeup when you start with a decent base, ya know? Tweezers, mascara, blush, and lippies.
4. What type of jewelry do you prefer to wear: earrings, necklaces, rings, or bracelets?
For a long time I couldn’t be bothered with jewelry as I work with kids and it can get in the way, but I’ve recently gotten back into it. I love necklaces and rings. Bracelets tend to make my wrists look gigantic.
5. You have to give an important presentation at work. What do you do to boost your confidence?
Have a shot of vodka. Lol, I kid, I kid.
I’m petrified of public speaking, so there isn’t a lot I can do to calm my nerves and boost my confidence. I just have to hope I don’t struggle so much that it’s obvious how much I hate it.
6. Would you rather live in an apartment/condo or in a house?
A house, definitely. The thought always living on/in somebody else’s property really upsets me. I want my own house, with a yard, and a garden, and lots of privacy.
7. Are you a cat or a dog person?
Both, really. I have one dog and two cats 🙂
8. What countries would you love to visit?
Quite a few. I’ll just say I’d love to spend my time traveling throughout Europe. I plan to, when Goose and I move back to England :p.
9. Which do you prefer before going to sleep: reading a book or watching TV?
If I’ve had a particularly lovely, relaxing day, I like to wind down with my kindle. I have got to say though, it’s been slim pickings lately. It’s been months since I’ve been completely enthralled with a book. Any recommendations come highly appreciated. Typically, though, I’ll set the timer on my TV for 30 minutes and put an old episode of Psych on. It doesn’t really matter though, because I’m usually asleep with within 10 minutes.
10. If you could be a celebrity for one day who would you be?
Goose and I talk about this occasionally. If you were somebody else for a day, you would never know you were somebody else, obviously, because you can’t be you and them at the same time. You would just be them, and probably never know it after the fact. But that’s beside the point. I would definitely be Kate Middleton, because, hello, royalty!
Thanks for the questions, Lily!
So here are the bloggers I’m nominating:
Nelly at CapitolBeauty
Dimple at Shivaay Delights
Lily at All the Lovely Things in Life
Nia at Denim is My Homeboy
Tams at Naked Beauty
KW at Must Have Boxes
Liz at See Lizzy Bee
You are all some really talented ladies :).
And here are your questions!
1. Coffee or tea?
2. N’sync or The Backstreet Boys?
3. Do you have any Holy Grail products, and what are they?
4. Where is your favorite place to travel, and why?
5. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
6. What gave you the final push to start blogging?
7. How did you choose the name of your blog?
8. What does your family or significant other think about your blogging?
9. What is your favorite food?
10. What is your favorite book?
If you have more than 200 followers, I don’t mean to offend. I just really love reading your stuff!